Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Personal Portfolio – Design Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DarrenClark

Hi Guys,

I’m after some feedback for the "work in progress" design I’ve put together for my own personal portfolio site.

Link: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9061/visual3960gridv3.jpg (too big to upload directly to the post)

The "about" section still needs adding in, as does the footer.

I’m a little bit stuck as to what to put into the top right section next to the header (potentially going to leave this blank).

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Darren

euanmead

Extremely good.

Beautiful color them, and I like the noise on the backgrounds.

Maybe, instead of an image for a background, use a gradient, or play around with Chris’ new button maker.

I notice, not that it is a worry, there is no logo.

Also no links to social networking sites.

Thank-You for reading.

Euan

DarrenClark

Thanks for your reply Euan!

I’m glad you like the colour scheme, it’s changed quite a few times but I’m happy with this one. You make a valid point abut the logo, maybe that’s something I will look into.

As for social networking, I think I will add my facebook link into the "about" section.

In terms of the background gradients rather than images, is it just IE that doesn’t support CSS3?

Thanks again, have a good day!

DarrenClark

Hi Guys,

I’ve started to build this now. I’d appreciate your thoughts…

LINK

I still need to add in various links, a “back to top” function and potentially some sort of scroll out hover function on the portfolio button to reveal a sub menu (possibly horizontal scrolling towards the about button). Also the “other works” content needs adding.

Other than that as far as the top right issue goes, I may put what version of the website is (similar to what Mail Chip do), V2.0 etc… (in a sticker possibly).

Cheers,
    Darren

dryan1144

Looking good, much improved over the initial jpg I saw. I like the background at the top, maybe that look could be integrated elsewhere in the design to give the site more of a ‘connected’ feel.
    Might be worth looking into using another color for your type somewhere, possibly just in the logo?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.