Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Personal Portfolio – Critiques please…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yrsengar

I been working on my personal portfolio since few days and I would really appreciate your view on my website.
    about the website:
    – Website is not responsive yet but planning to make it one.
    – Have used some CSS3.
    – No idea about what to put in to footer. Should I keep the footer same for every page?

Here is the link to my website: http://www.yogeshsengar.com

Thanks in advance for you suggestions.
    Yogesh

theacefes

I’m not sure whether English is your second language or if you just haven’t gotten around to it but I would definitely recommend using a proofreader/spellchecker before you go live with that site.

yrsengar

@ kgscott284 : i will definitely reduce the image size. thanks

@theacefes
    : English is not my first language and I fixed spelling mistakes. I will always use spell checker now on before going live, thanks.

yrsengar

@odd_E thanx, thats a good idea!!!

yrsengar

@krysak4ever Thank you so much for your suggestions and time. It really helped me a lot and I implemented few things u suggested.
    The reason i didn’t use HTML5 is because i wanted my website to maintain a decent look in IE browsers too. I used CSS3 and will use fall-backs for that.
    My locations is not much important as i do most of my work remotely so i decided to go with small sized map.
    about-me-page

and about the border and button color on the work page, when i was designing it, I thought the same thing you suggested but i used grey shades instead and you will see why if you have look at this work-portfolio-page

Again thank you so much, i really appreciate it :)

snillor

Modernizr does not “enable HTML5” in any browser. If a browser doesn’t support border-radius, Modernizr will not magically change that.

What Modernizr does is examine the user agent (browser) to determine what features (including HTML5 stuff) it supports. It adds class names to HTML elements indicating which features are and are not supported by the browser being used. You can use these class names as styling hooks for alternate styling to work around or simulate unsupported features.

snillor

I apologize for misinterpreting your statement.

You are correct that Modernizr includes the html5 shiv. So if you already are using Modernizr, there’s no need to separately reference the shiv. If you aren’t using Modernizr, then you’ll probably want to reference the shiv – many people get it from Google:

alisonmaehinch
    Participant

What do you plan on using to make it responsive?

I am currently using bootstrap for a few of my projects and have found it easy to use.

As for your design a lot of the suggestions that have been given are pretty good.

yrsengar

Thanks for your suggestions guys……. :)

@alisonmaehinch
    @krysak4ever I have only worked on couple of responsive websites so i don’t know much about responsive web design and I’m still learning it. As @krysak4ever suggested, i will probably write from scratch.
    You guessed it right, I’m not that good with colours .

But as i said, I am still learning responsive webdesign, it would be really helpful if you guys could point some of the resources where i can learn from :)

yrsengar

@krysak4ever Thanks :)

The word “Hire” was a little hard for me to read.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.