Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Personal Home Page theme, widgets etc

• # March 23, 2009 at 7:59 am

Hi there – loving the Personal Home Page theme Chris…

…this may be a dumb question but – when I try to activate widgets I require in either sidebar, they don’t show up. I don’t really want to hard code them in, is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks, much appreciated,
    Michael

# March 23, 2009 at 9:43 am
    "michaelcampbell" wrote:
    …this may be a dumb question but – when I try to activate widgets I require in either sidebar, they don’t show up. I don’t really want to hard code them in, is there something I’m missing here?

Typically this means your theme doesn’t include the code required to display the sidebars.
    You should check that the appropriate template file (index.php for the blog index) includes a call to get_sidebar(), and that your sidebar.php file includes a call to dynamic_sidebar() that often looks something like this:

Code:
    if ( function_exists(‘dynamic_sidebar’) ) dynamic_sidebar();
    # March 23, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Yeah it’s not going to work, it’s not a "widget ready" theme. It really probably should be… I’ll try to get to that.

# March 23, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Michael,

To make the theme ‘widget ready’ is not that hard. Just google some, there are a lot of tutorials on this subject. It will involve updating several files like ( functions.php ) and (sidebar.php)

Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".