Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Personal Home Page theme, widgets etc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there – loving the Personal Home Page theme Chris…

…this may be a dumb question but – when I try to activate widgets I require in either sidebar, they don’t show up. I don’t really want to hard code them in, is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks, much appreciated,
    Michael

"michaelcampbell" wrote:
    …this may be a dumb question but – when I try to activate widgets I require in either sidebar, they don’t show up. I don’t really want to hard code them in, is there something I’m missing here?

Typically this means your theme doesn’t include the code required to display the sidebars.
    You should check that the appropriate template file (index.php for the blog index) includes a call to get_sidebar(), and that your sidebar.php file includes a call to dynamic_sidebar() that often looks something like this:

Code:
    if ( function_exists(‘dynamic_sidebar’) ) dynamic_sidebar();
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Yeah it’s not going to work, it’s not a "widget ready" theme. It really probably should be… I’ll try to get to that.

lostcoder

Michael,

To make the theme ‘widget ready’ is not that hard. Just google some, there are a lot of tutorials on this subject. It will involve updating several files like ( functions.php ) and (sidebar.php)

Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.