Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Permalinks not working on latest blog post.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kmullins131

So I have a normal loop that you can see here:

rosspenman
    Participant

That `esc_url` function is one I haven’t seen before. Does it work if you remove it? Or use `esc_attr` instead?

kmullins131

I tried that and the normal and still nothing. I still have no clue and I am still going threw forums and posts with no luck.

kmullins131

Here is a link to a screenshot of the inspect. As you can see it shows the link there:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eyklni14m1ijps/WTFwordpress.png

rosspenman
    Participant

Perhaps it’s something in your JavaScript. Try turning JS off and see if the links work.

kmullins131

Just disabled Javascript and still not working :(

kmullins131

Does anybody know why links would not be clickable even though they show up in the source code as a link?

rosspenman
    Participant

Try typing in the URL manually (or copy/paste from the Inspector) and make sure that works. It might just lead to the same page, which WordPress sometimes create if the link doesn’t exist.

TheDoc

Do you not have a link to send us to?

Are you being taken to a 404 page? If so, go to Settings > Permalinks and just hit save again. Sounds like it could be something wrong with your htaccess.

If you can’t even click it, then it sounds like something is either covering the button or you’ve got some sort of `e.PreventDefault();` or `return false` going on in your JS.

rosspenman
    Participant

@TheDoc we’ve already established that it isn’t a JS problem – it still didn’t work with JS off.

TylerNYC

kmullins,

Check your divs and CSS to make sure nothing is overlapping the link. You can do these easily with inspecting elements. Right-click the TITLE TWO and inspect element and see what pops up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.