Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Peaceful Revolution: A unique site we just launched. Thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

Had fun with this project. The idea is wayyyy big and I hope we came close to matching it with a solid design.

http://www.peaceful-revolution.org

What do you guys think?

Luminated

@cybershot, as Traq said, they are there. Do you not see them? If so, let me know what browser you are using so I can troubleshoot! :)

@traq
    We played around with this for a while. The client ultimately wanted GMT or UTC. His vision is it would begin at the same time and it seemed to be the easiest to go by some central time clock to ensure people would know exactly when to begin, so they are “in synch” with the rest of the world.

I do think perhaps that black area was a little long (probably some CSS leftover). I’ve since fixed.

It’s a lofty idea, but I think it would be incredible. Kind of like the largest sit down protest the world has ever seen. If you think its a cool idea, please share! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love it man, very clean! The company I work for designed our site with a somewhat similar approach (large images with opaque content areas). I think it’s catching on. Fun to develop sites like that too.

Kudos for the HTML5 elements as well!

Luminated

@TheDark12 Thanks so much! You’re right, I think this design style is catching on. It’s definitely a deviation of our way of designing (never really made a site so image-centric), but I feel it was a great first pass!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.