Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Password Protected areas/categories.

• # February 18, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I have a client who would like the ability to have a category or page that is private for each one of their half a dozen clients.

Basically they want to be able to write a post and assign it to that client’s area (page or category) and only that client can view those posts.

It would be ideal if we could Create a category "Client Name" and all posts included in the category would go on a password protected page.

Does that make sense?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

# February 19, 2010 at 2:34 am

Yes. There is a plugin called "User Access Manager" that does exactly this. I was looking for a solution along those exact lines and this worked perfectly. It’ll take about an hour to fully get your arms around how it’s hiding the pages / assigning it to users, but once you get it down it’s extremely easy.

I paired it with Peter’s Login Redirect which was a perfect combo. You can basically assign a certain user type to redirect login back to homepage that will then allow that client’s page to become unhidden in whatever menu you’ve created.

# February 19, 2010 at 10:17 am

Thanks Josh.

I am not sure this will do what I need,I will check it out though.

Basically the client wants it so they can have a secure client category or group of posts.

So each of their clients would have a secure page they can go to with posts specific to them on it.

Cheers

# February 19, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Shoot – I was hoping it could be done more from a page standpoint. I can think of several solutions that would work in conjunction, but each of them involve the need to do some custom page trickery for each client page, which it sounds like they may need to set up new pages in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".