Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Page wrap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tale2000yu

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have a problem that i cant solve. Namely i have problem with div page wrap witch is 1000px and div main-content i have set all content inside it but when i try to set its background color its shown on mozila as 1000px width and 3px height even thou all content is inside it.
    I tried finding in html maybe i didnt close the div tag but all seams fine, have to mention that i am complete amater with coding. But probably you would see it by your selves when seeing my coding.I have uploaded it here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QQFJ5D8K . Thank you in advance.

TheDoc

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, not many people (if any) are going to take a chance at downloading a file that you’ve uploaded through a third party service. I’d recommend providing a link to a live server that shows your problem.

jamygolden

Add this to your CSS:

Code:
    .clear { clear: both; }

And change the very last part of your HTML to this:

Code:

tale2000yu

Thank you so much it helped me so much.

This issue usually occurs with floated items in a div that has no set height.

Using ‘clear’ is good.

You can also set your containing page wrap to position: relative AND float: left

This always solves the issue for me in Firefox.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.