Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Padding-Top Spacing for Container

• # January 4, 2012 at 3:15 am

http://www.onedollaronebrick.com/?page_id=18

Can anyone tell me why the padding-top on the two container boxes on this page is incongruent? There is no manual HTML spacing in the WordPress post, and I have thoroughly looked for a padding-top line in the CSS file, but to no avail.

Would much appreciate your help, thanks!

# January 4, 2012 at 6:34 am

There is some empty paragraph text in each post, not sure where it comes from but might be coming from the actual content. In the WordPress CMS, did you enter anything (space, carriage return, etc) before your table? Check the HTML tab if needed.

# January 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

Looking over the html as Senff stated is you have an empty paragraph text in each container

I don’t know how your wordpress is set up, but that is the issue. If you can strip out that code that will solve your issue.

-Bryan Luce
    w3trends.com

# January 4, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Thanks guys, but that still didn’t work. Please see current page:
    http://www.onedollaronebrick.com/?page_id=18

And CSS sheet: http://www.onedollaronebrick.com/style.css

The main problem is that padding-top area over Current Projects.

Current Projects
    Kids of Nuqui

Summary: This project will provide the children of Nuqui with a student center that will allow them to attend high school, and help the community address waste management, water, energy, and environmental issues.
    Current Status:

PHASE I

Fundraising Objective: $25,000

Donate Today

Upcoming Projects
    Smile - Favelas of Brazil

Summary: This project will provide the children of the favelas of Rio de Janeiro with the opportunity to learn and have adequate dental care and nutrition.

# January 4, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Yes, and the problem is that empty paragraph tag:

# January 4, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I don’t see where that’s at within my code… If you could point it out somehow that would be a huge help.

I only see this:

Current Projects

and this:

Upcoming Projects

Thanks for your help!

# January 4, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Sorry, yes, that’s what it looks like in Source view, you’re correct. What we’re seeing is in the Inspector. I’m guessing this is happening becuase ‘+1′ and ‘+2′ aren’t valid.

# January 4, 2012 at 7:57 pm

In the source, the root of the problem is here:

...Kids of Nuqui

Summary: This project will provide the children of Nuqui with a student center that will allow them to attend high school, and help the community address waste management, water, energy, and environmental issues.

Current Status:

PHASE...

There’s an empty

element (nothing wrong with that by itself, but then shows up, outside of any table cell — so that’s placed above the actual table.

You may want to check any starting/ending paragraph tags in that area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".