Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Override H1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nickwinters
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to create an alternate header class. Default has a header color that is dark, but for my alternate I’d like it to be a lighter color because it will be sitting on a dark background.

I have the following code for my default

h1 {font-family: “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 50px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 50px; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #707070; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 white;}

for my default I’ve only changed a few things, but the color for some reason will not be overridden.

.bottom h1 {
    font-family: ‘GearedSlab’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 50px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 50px; letter-spacing: -1px; color: ##BFBFBF !important; text-shadow: none;

}

It’s strange because in my inspector I can see that all elements are being replaced except for the color. I’ve tried just creating a separate class that I just add to the h1 tags in the .bottom feature, but still nothing seems to override the color:.

I am using Twitter Bootstrap so I’m not sure if that has something to do with it. Yes, I’ve already tried the !important tag as well. Suggestions?

chrisburton
    Participant

Can you create a CodePen?

TheDoc

If that’s a straight copy/paste, it’s because you’ve got two `##` in front of your color declaration.

nickwinters
    Participant

Thanks Doc. That was it. Such a stupid ##mistake.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.