Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Overflow Issue? Span?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

I would like to have my embedded video span the width of the wrapper. Within the wrapper is a div called main-column that is keeping everything 40px away from the edge of the wrapper. So, when I embed a Vimeo video into a page, it naturally crops the video to be 880px rather than the desired full 960px. Is this something that can be fixed with overflow? I am really not sure. Here is the website, if you want to give it a looksy. Thank you in advance!

Paulie_D
    chrisburton
    Participant

Just a suggestion that is unrelated to the question, you shouldn’t use text shadows on body copy. That creates legibility issues.

Anyway, I agree with Paulie.

Paulie_D

>Anyway, I agree with Paulie.

FTW! :)

chrisburton
    Participant

You could either break up the wrapper or use absolute positioning.

The problem is that the h2’s don’t look like headings. Headings are/should be much shorter with just a summary and it doesn’t have to be a complete sentence. What I see is paragraph text. But yes, I would lose it.

wolfcry911
    Participant

remove the overflow from #main-column and add a left margin of -40px to the iframe

chrisburton
    Participant

I didn’t say it wasn’t legible, I was trying to make a point that it makes it less legible. Regardless, I don’t think text shadow works there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.