Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Organic Tabs – One UL – Different classes show hide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anhedonium
    Participant

I’m wanting to use the Organic Tabs example to improve a messy situation I have currently.

Example here:
    http://www.coldwellutah.com/test/agents.html

I have a list of all the agents in our office, and then have them broken down by specialty – each specialty loading a completely different page. A nightmare to maintain. What I’d love to do is keep all the info on one page using the organic tabs solution, which I can do thanks to the excellent demo. HOWEVER, what I would most like to do is keep everything in ONE UL instead of showing and hiding different UL’s as the Organic Tabs does currently. The problem is I have no idea how to tell jQuery to load an li by class.

Is there a way to have one UL where each person can have multiple classes assigning them to a specific specialty, or multiple specialties and then show and hide them depending on the class / specialty?

For example:
    <li><a href="profiles/beaudry-zach.html" class="retailspecialty" class="officespecialty">Zach Beaudry</a></li>

So this person would show up on the master list, but also on the OFFICE TAB and the RETAIL TAB.

I have no idea how or if this could work but hoping someone could help me out.
    Much appreciated!

jonS7

You can use multiple classes by just putting a gap in between the names…

<li><a href="profiles/beaudry-zach.html" class="retailspecialty officespecialty">Zach Beaudry</a></li>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.