Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Ordering Form – Need Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am designing a site for a client, it is a take-away, and they want an online ordering system. Their current site (http://barinda.com) is as I’m sure you would all admit – awful, and they just use email to take orders. What would be the best way to go about this? Is it to use an ecommerce soluction like foxycart or what?

Thanks

-Tom

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think FoxyCart might be a good match for something like this. You don’t really need a full CMS to manage a small menu of food… So you can easily make buttons to add particular food items to the cart that Foxy provides. Then people can check out and Foxy can handle the credit card processing and both the store and the customer will get a receipt.

I’ve never thought of doing a shopping cart thing for ordering from a restaurant, could be pretty neat!

thanks for the quick reply :D

my only reservation about using something like FoxyCart, is it’s speed, as I have never used it I wouldn’t know, would the orders be instantaneous? If not, then it might not be the best idea.

Let me know what you think – thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.