Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Opinions wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there guys

I’ve been working a site for a friend and it’s almost finished so I thought I’d throw it out there to get some feedback and critiques.

http://www.talmidlearning.co.uk/prototype/index.php

Please let me know what you think as I’m really interested in professional designers’ opinions on my work. Please be honest, but not cruel :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance,

Dave

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Hey man,

Design-wise, I don’t have a lot to critique. I love the log, btw. My only comments are based on my personal opinion of what I think most people like/are used to:

The site seems large with the brown navigation bar, the huge header section, etc. I would shrink it down a little bit.
    I like the fades on the left and right of the main content, but I would lighten it up so it’s more subliminal.

I don’t know who his clientele is or what they respond best to, but the imagery needs some work IMHO. The lightbulb and hand has a very strange feel to it. The three people in frame one on the solutions page are awkwardly close together… Not to be a straight up jerk, but I would also remove his picture from the site…. or get a different tie…

Don’t forget your metric pinch of salt ;)

Thanks for the feedback, I have taken it onboard. Bit harsh to say that about the guy though maybe you are right about the tie.

Thanks again.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea, I say that just from a Public Relations stand point. I look very young for my age, and when web developers are known for being flakes, looking young is not a good thing. So I don’t have a picture of myself on my website… Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great idea to have a picture of yourself on your site (esp, if you are advertising yourself and your skills), and I’m trying to get some good "old-looking" pictures of myself, but so far no luck.

my 2 cents

Luminated

I agree, either remove the picture or just place it under the ‘about’ or ‘contact’ section and make it much smaller. It just makes people feel weird to have someone staring at them right off the bat, you know?

Otherwise, I think the site is great. Very easy to read and navigate, content is well put together and thought out. Good use of interactivity. Colors aren’t my favorite, but that’s just a personal preference. Great job!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.