Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Opinions on website design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jshjohnson

Hello,

What are your opinions of this website I am designing: http://leedsragfashionshow.co.uk/wp/?

Somethings not quite right with it but I can’t put my finger on what. I can’t think of what to add to make it look a bit more appealing – minimal designs are really not my forte.

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Cheers

BibCra
    Participant

Maybe have a look at the social media icons?

NoizyCr1cket
    Participant

Possibly use css transitions for your nav buttons to make the color fade instead of jump to a different color whenever you rollover it.

I think it would make it have a smoother feel.

Other than that, great website!

pmac627
    Participant

Or perhaps make the social icons black and while like just about the rest of the page. If thats the color scheme you want, I’d make everything black and white. Then, on hover/rollover, add color to elements like the social icons and the charities at the bottom.

The logo does look a tad awkward centered because of the small rag circle. Left justified might look better.
    Again, the slideshow might look better slower.

I’ve thrown every single thing I can see at you. I like the site as-is.

Takenoshin

As for me, the logo is too huge for the homepage’s content. I think it would be better if you put 1px separator before navigation…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.