Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Opinion on site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    prathoven
    Participant

hello benjamin!
    I think the type logo is yelling and drawing unnecessary attention saying “Look I can gradient “. The overall tone of your portfolio is missing. The type is misused. I think so, sorry if i was kind of rude!

Paulie_D

>On Firefox, on initial load the video window was extremely wide, and caused horizontal scrolling until the video completed loading, then it went into the container, and doesn’t seem to do that again on page reload.

Yeah, I got something like that too…although the video still does not fit inside the container.

Chrome is fine although the video is not centered in the container…but that’s minor.

Paulie_D

Hmmm…now it’s back in the container…odd.

However, it looks like FF doesn’t render the video at the desired width until after it’s finished loading.

matt_sanford
    Participant

Images are your friend. subtlepatterns.com
    The gradients are a pain to look at

SSchnitzler

Wow… Not entirely sure what you did want to accomplish by posting this page here.
    I think it work’s just the way ist supposed to work, but as we are on css-tricks right here. It kinda hurts my eyes and feelings.

– The HTML is as far away from a semantic-mockup as it gets.
    – You use Gradient pngs even thought you already require a css3 compatible browser?

Also… As simple the layout may be, it kinda looks like its done in 1996 or something. Try focus on simpler layouts, avoid gradients, also avoid a big border-radius as it kinda looks gross.

Also I would go for ajax in terms of navigating throught the page.

Paulie_D

@SSchnitzler. You do realise this young fella is 10 years old…don’t you?

SSchnitzler

Yes but do you realise that we are on css-tricks? I’m not saying its totally bad what he has done.
    I just want to point to what he should focus on to make it better..

How should he improve if we all say its the best page we’ve ever seen…?

Paulie_D

>How should he improve if we all say its the best page we’ve ever seen…?

No one is saying that..but your tone seemed overly critical rather than encouraging a n00b to improve..

chrisburton
    Participant

There’s nothing wrong with gradients if executed correctly.

SSchnitzler

Yeah I should’ve been putting more work in the post I guess..

But yeah.. the internet doesnt work like that.. There is no seperated web for newbies.

Watson90

> You use Gradient pngs even thought you already require a css3 compatible browser?

I’m sure the little kid knows this, he’s obviously making it cross browser compatible.

@SSchnitzler
    – you say there is no seperate web for newbies. How do we improve if we don’t come to places like this and learn from what everyone else is saying. I thought I knew a lot but then I learned a hell of a lot more from watching Chris’ screen casts and visiting this forum regularly.

I bet you never got to where you are (assuming you’re good at what you do? You may not be…) without taking to websites like CSS-Tricks for feedback…

SSchnitzler

@Watson90 – Sure I’ve asked for feedback and help.

Don’t treat me like the bad guy, its not like I said he sucks at what he does or something… I was just typing what I thought in terms of how to improve his project.

I just left out saying “hey its really good for your age” (which he is, no doubt about that). Because I think he knows that.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.