Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Opinion on site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Htmlmainiac

I’ve just finished my [personal blog](http://www.bydbenjamin.co.uk) for a competition urdd. I would like your opinion on the site. Sorry it’s in welsh but I had too. Part of the rules.

Hope you like it.

It’s built in WordPress and the mockup was in gimp it does sort of require a css3 and html5 supportive browser.

frijolito56

The Sides hurt my eyes. Try making it a solid color instead of gradient.Overall the site is pretty good.

djdaniel150

@htmlmaniac Good job! Don’t listen to josh, your site loaded very fast for me, I guess his pentium 4 crapped out on him. The design looks just fine, keep up the good work.

djdaniel150

@frijolito56 The site of your logo hurts my eyes, it doesn’t look like you have much room to talk.

djdaniel150

You should add some pictures to your blog to go along with your posts. Maybe make some graphics or something.

pmac627
    Participant

It works on an iPad, though I agree the borders are a tad much. I can remember when I went gradient crazy with GIMP.

TheDoc

I’m hoping for ‘misguided’ rather than ‘troll’.

chrisburton
    Participant

Remember that one guy who argued about tables?

TheDoc

haha yea, that was a good one.

@Htmlmainiac – sorry that your post is going a little of course!

My recommendation would to tone down a lot of your elements. Really focus on simple and lean before you starting throwing gradients all over the place. Design is all about the minute details that bring elements to life.

David_Leitch
    Participant

@TheDoc Personally, I’m entertained either way

@HTMLManiac

The site is relatively good for someone who is as young as you are, but there definitely things that you can improve on pretty easily. As others have said, the gradients are a bit much. I would stick with a solid colour for the border of the content and a more subtle gradient for the page background.

In my opinion, I would put your logo all on one line, rather than having parts of your name higher than others. I would use a different font for your headings as Papyrus is a little (!) overused. Personally I like [Trocchi](http://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Trocchihttp://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Trocchi”).

So yeah, good job on the enthusiasm and good luck for the competition

djdaniel150

Nice how you guys edit other peoples posts when they don’t agree with you and you talk negatively about other peoples hard work. Good job.

frijolito56

@djdaniel150 Well this isn’t a conversation about my logo is it? And it seems alot of people seem to agree with the gradient overuse. Perhaps you read my comment with the wrong tone? I was just giving some constructive criticism.

djdaniel150

“To be completely honest, I got sick of waiting for the page to load.” the site loads very fast, you’re just talking negatively about his work. Also, I noticed how you guys talk trash to people, and when they respond you just delete their post. You guys talk trash to me and everyone and anyone else who enters this board, yet you delete their posts if they respond. This one will just get deleted I’m sure, so that no one can read it. Ridiculous.

djdaniel150

@frijolito56 I guess this is a conversation about your logo, you obviously had no problem talking negatively about his site, so why shouldn’t others talk negatively about your logo?

Practice what you preach.

TheDoc

Okay guys, let’s reel this thread in and get back on topic!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.