Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Online Training: Which Sites Offer the Most

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kalel27

With so many online training sites it’s easy for me to be divided on which one I should join. I know that the web offers tons of free info anyway, but I am at a point where I want to kick my learning and skill sets up a notch.

As a Web Developer & Graphic Designer what are some of the best sites available to help improve my skills? I’ve looked into Lynda.com (Looks extensive and most promising), Tuts+, Codecademy, Treehouse, Digital-Tutors (For Graphics) and others. They’re all great sites, but I get bogged down by just how much info there is to cover from all of them.

Is there anyone out there that can offer some experience with these sites and maybe point me in a direction that will help to propel me to the next level?

Thanks

Crakken

I’ve been using Tuts+ for just weeks now and I can assure you it’s a really great learning place. I’m not gonna make paragraphs about why I suggest it to you but you can see that by the quality of free tutorials and courses they give at their Tuts+ Network. And I find it one of the cheapest sites out there.

Andy Howells
    Participant

Tuts+ is pretty ace, Treehouse is also awesome.

Treehouse and Lynda.com are great. You’ll find excellent resources at both sites, but personally I’ve found that Lynda provides more “nitty gritty” tutorials/videos while Treehouse’s are a little more broad in focus.

Zoom
    Participant

For video training courses I prefer Lynda.com. But you don’t need to stick to just one. Get Lynda for a couple of months, which should be enough time to do several of their courses. Then cancel your account there and take a month at Treehouse, then a month at Code School, then a month at Tuts+, then reactivate your account at Lynda for another month and so on and so fort.

There are also several free channels at YouTube such as this:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpTuts/videos?view=1&flow=grid

Codecademy is good for intro courses and it is free, so you should try that also.

kalel27

Thanks for all the response, trying each one out on a month to month basis sounds like a good idea. I signed up for Lynda because I like how detailed they go into a certain topic. Tuts+ is good too! I’m gonna focus on these as my go to resources for now. Thanks

bananacherrylime
    Participant

I use Treehouse. I tried Lynda.com, but I found that the videos are very dry and boring. Treehouse is great for learning how to program for the web, iOS, and Android.

Have you tried [WizIQ courses](http://www.wiziq.com/courses/ “”) ? Herr you will find a number of courses which may suit your specific need.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.