Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End "<< older entries" not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ranger

first of all I’ve been trying various methods to get my blog posts to show up on my home page as well as a secondary blog page (surprisingly difficult) I think I’ve got something that works but…
    on my secondary blog page (entitled "The daily dose") it show the latest five posts, as expected, but when I hit the "older entries" link, it still only shows the latest 5 with a "newer entries" link, and not the earlier posts. And the older and newer entries links work fine on the front page.

the secondary blog page with the problem specifically
    http://wasatchendo.com/blog/?page_id=17

here’s the main site:
    http://www.wasatchendocrinology.com

here’s the markup for the loop on the secondary blog page.

Code:

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.

any ideas?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

So is that page using the "page.php" template? I’m not sure WordPress really supports pagination there.

What you might have to do is pull the variable out of the URL (&paged=2), multiply it by the number of posts per page, and use that value as an offset parameter in a query_posts line above your loop.

Ranger

I’ve created a custome page template for the secondary blog page called "the daily dose", in this custome page template i’ve included the markup above.
    so you’re saying multiply the variable from the url (2) with number of posts (5) =10 (so far i know my multiplication tables) now i’m just not sure how to "use that value as an offset parameter in a query_posts line above your loop." i’ll have to look into that?

I have the index.php with the loop as the main page and then the same on the custom page, is there are better way to make two pages with the loop? one being the home page?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.