Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other "Oh, just show me how to do what you did…"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brianatlarge

Why do clients assume you can show them how you created their site so they can make future edits themselves just by being like, "oh just do this".

I mean, I guess if I were using some WYSIWYG like Yahoo sitebuilder or some other tool I could just be like, "oh log in here and you can change all this stuff." But… I do things the RIGHT way.

To alleviate some of my clients issues with not being able to edit the site themselves (cause I’m not giving a course on HTML/CSS), we’ve been making just dirt simple CMS’s where there are certain sections that they are able to edit, such as a particular paragraph or something that might change every so often.

How do you guys handle this?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I beat them with a stick. :twisted:

EamonnMac

I have the same problem at the mo. They want all the snazzy stuf – but then want to be able to update everything themselves. For me (after calling on Robski and his stick :lol: ) the answer is iframes pointing to wordpress pages. But EVERYTHING they might have to go near is clearly and carefully commented. I hope it works.

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "EamonnMac" wrote:
    For me (after calling on Robski and his stick :lol: ) the answer is iframes pointing to wordpress pages.

mmm iframes eh… I need a bigger stick!

EamonnMac

…sorrowful shake of his head at the guy bringing a stick to a knife fight… :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.