Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

"Oh, just show me how to do what you did…"

• # July 23, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Why do clients assume you can show them how you created their site so they can make future edits themselves just by being like, "oh just do this".

I mean, I guess if I were using some WYSIWYG like Yahoo sitebuilder or some other tool I could just be like, "oh log in here and you can change all this stuff." But… I do things the RIGHT way.

To alleviate some of my clients issues with not being able to edit the site themselves (cause I’m not giving a course on HTML/CSS), we’ve been making just dirt simple CMS’s where there are certain sections that they are able to edit, such as a particular paragraph or something that might change every so often.

How do you guys handle this?

# July 23, 2009 at 1:37 pm

set it up in wordpress

# July 23, 2009 at 2:32 pm
    Quote:
    we’ve been making just dirt simple CMS’s where there are certain sections that they are able to edit, such as a particular paragraph or something that might change every so often.

For something that simple (although I haven’t had the opportunity to try it yet) I would probably use Perch http://grabaperch.com/

Rob
    # July 24, 2009 at 7:15 pm

I beat them with a stick. :twisted:

# July 27, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I have the same problem at the mo. They want all the snazzy stuf – but then want to be able to update everything themselves. For me (after calling on Robski and his stick :lol: ) the answer is iframes pointing to wordpress pages. But EVERYTHING they might have to go near is clearly and carefully commented. I hope it works.

Rob
    # July 28, 2009 at 6:07 am
    "EamonnMac" wrote:
    For me (after calling on Robski and his stick :lol: ) the answer is iframes pointing to wordpress pages.

mmm iframes eh… I need a bigger stick!

# July 28, 2009 at 10:31 am

…sorrowful shake of his head at the guy bringing a stick to a knife fight… :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".