Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Odd tweak on a WordPress Comments Section…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to do something that I think should be doable… but has me a little confused with it comes to implementing it in a new WordPress Theme.

I’ve got a layout here:
    https://gomockingbird.com/mockingbird/#pm1fuzs/mBiAW

Clicking ‘Read More Chats’ in the bottom right takes you here:
    https://gomockingbird.com/mockingbird/#pm1fuzs/xUXS2A

Clicking ‘More About The Book’ takes you back to the first one. So it’s just kind of an extended look at the comments section… but it’s almost like each product post has two layouts… and that’s where I’m getting stumped on how to execute it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I would get started with this one?

Senff
    Participant

There is a lot of data that is shared by both pages, I wonder if it would make sense to have just one layout that holds all the content (both everything about the book, and everything the chats) and then use some clever CSS to hide and (re)position some of that data.

So, initially it shows all the book info but only part of the chats info (the rest of the chat info is hidden), and then when you click “Read More Chats” then the book info will be shown partially and all the chat info will be revealed (also, book and chats will move around the page).

The only thing that could be a problem here, is that having both all the book info and all the chat info in the markup might make the page load slower, but the upside is that switching between book/chat will be a lot faster.

Hope I’m making sense.

That makes sense… I should still be able to paginate the chats / comments with that method… and that would help with load time.

Tweaking that for mobile viewing should be interesting to say the least though… lol.

Thank-you for your input on it… definitely gives me a road to start down. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.