Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Notify when no more posts to load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rugg
    Participant

Hello All,

The below code allows for a specific amount of posts to be viewed in the browser, with a click event to _Load More_. The script functions correctly, but my goal is to notify users when they’ve reached the end. Essentially changing the _Load More_ link to _No More Posts_. I was able to accomplish a similar solution using the alert() function, but that is ugly and distracting to the user.

If anyone can suggest a better method for going about this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

$(window).load(function(){
    $(function(){
    $(".post").slice(0, 20).show(); // select the first ten
    $("#load").click(function(e){ // click event for load more
    e.preventDefault();
    $(".post:hidden").slice(0, 20).fadeIn(600); // select next 10 hidden divs and show them
    });
    });
    });
    TheDoc

Since I’m not 100% how your structure is set up, this might not be the best solution…

What you can do is, set all of the posts to have a class of ‘not-visible’ or something like that. Then, when you fade them in, also remove that class. Then in your `fadeIn()` callback you can see how many of those divs are left.

$(“.post.not-visible”).slice(0, 20).removeClass(‘not-visible’).fadeIn(600, function () {
    if( !$(“.post.not-visible”).length() ) {
    // do something to let the user know there are no more posts
    }
    });

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.