Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

No Tables Found In (existing and working) MAMP Database

• # June 25, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I’m trying to follow Chris’s video on moving a locally developed (with MAMP) wordpress site to a remote server.

It’s been made even more difficult (for me) by the fact that in PHPmyAdmin, just below my active database (from the drop down menu) there are no tables showing, just the message that “no tables found…”

Yet, if I got to the Search tab (in PHPMyAdmin) the tables are all showing as searchable (in the “select all/unselect all” window).

Has anyone had this happen? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

# June 25, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Can you clear your cache, log back in see if issue persists, if so then try to repair the database table.

http://php.about.com/od/mysqladministration/qt/repair_mysql.htm

# June 26, 2013 at 8:38 am

@AlenA, Thank you.

I cleared the browser’s cache, but unfortunately no deal.

PHP MyAdmin doesn’t list _anything_ in the main panel when my wordpress database is selected; it says, “No tables found in database”, and offers me a field to “Create a table”.

So I’m stuck at step 2 of that solution.

I wonder if it’s anything to do with trying to use MAMP Pro, and then going back to MAMP (it was too unfamiliar and I fell back to the familiar).

Also, I’ve set my root to home/Sites/wordpress, instead of the MAMP/htdocs folder. I dunno?

regards

gV

# June 26, 2013 at 10:32 am

This user (Stuart) has perfectly described my problem in the WP.org forums.
    I can also see the db files in Finder.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-when-exporting-an-sql-from-mysql-no-tables-found-in-database?replies=14

# June 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm

update: after throwing a Grover, I deleted everything, reinstalled (wp/MAMP plain), and have my database tables back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".