Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End No Tables Found In (existing and working) MAMP Database

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gViro

I’m trying to follow Chris’s video on moving a locally developed (with MAMP) wordpress site to a remote server.

It’s been made even more difficult (for me) by the fact that in PHPmyAdmin, just below my active database (from the drop down menu) there are no tables showing, just the message that “no tables found…”

Yet, if I got to the Search tab (in PHPMyAdmin) the tables are all showing as searchable (in the “select all/unselect all” window).

Has anyone had this happen? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Alen
    Participant

Can you clear your cache, log back in see if issue persists, if so then try to repair the database table.

http://php.about.com/od/mysqladministration/qt/repair_mysql.htm

gViro

@AlenA, Thank you.

I cleared the browser’s cache, but unfortunately no deal.

PHP MyAdmin doesn’t list _anything_ in the main panel when my wordpress database is selected; it says, “No tables found in database”, and offers me a field to “Create a table”.

So I’m stuck at step 2 of that solution.

I wonder if it’s anything to do with trying to use MAMP Pro, and then going back to MAMP (it was too unfamiliar and I fell back to the familiar).

Also, I’ve set my root to home/Sites/wordpress, instead of the MAMP/htdocs folder. I dunno?

regards

gV

gViro

This user (Stuart) has perfectly described my problem in the WP.org forums.
    I can also see the db files in Finder.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-when-exporting-an-sql-from-mysql-no-tables-found-in-database?replies=14

gViro

update: after throwing a Grover, I deleted everything, reinstalled (wp/MAMP plain), and have my database tables back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.