Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS no support for I.E 6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I just visited youtube in I.E 6 and there was a message saying that youtube is fading out support for i.e 6.

TheDoc

Lots of companies are dropping support. Not to say that the sites won’t work in IE6, just that they might not work perfectly.

blue642

I think that is great news! Now the people who just don’t know any better, have a real reason to upgrade or change browsers. Look at it this way, flash had a pretty bad rap for a long time due to users who didn’t have a fast internet connection and didn’t want to sit through poorly designed "preloaders" just to see the content they came for. Then along came Youtube and Myspace, and now people are upgrading their flash player the day a new version is released without a second thought. More big players need to make people aware that they should upgrade, by discontinuing support. If anyone can make someone change browsers, It will be the companies/websites that people live to use. (Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, Major Search Engines… etc)

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yea I agree – this is a great thing, I would say most people who use the internet will end up on Youtube at some point… This is all good lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.