Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Newest Website of mine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mackie

Hey everyone, I just launched the site I created for my friend who is a musician releasing his first full length tonight. Any critiques will be appreciated, it’s a little bare right now, but I am going to keep tweaking things from now on as we progress with more news, downloads etc. Thanks!

http://dereksmithmusic.net

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Overall, I like it. That Graphic is crazy cool. I like your hover navigation.

First, Move the date to the right hand side of the content. It’s scrunched under the title.

It looks like you need the PNG hack to make the clear PNG’s look good in IE6.

Anyway to make the audio only autoplay on the home page (so it doesn’t automatically play on every page)?

my 2 cents

dryan1144

nice, i like the graphic and the nav.

the main content text feels scrunched up and maybe could use some extra styling.

mackie

Thanks for the comments ashton and dryan.

I’m definitely working on the music player and ie6 bugs, and yeah the actual content is pretty plain styling. That’s something I’ve been wanting to work on, typography is not my strong point at all. Thanks again for the comments, looking forward to this site evolving.

friendofpugs

First off, nice color palette, easy on the eyes. The main font is a little small – why not bump it up a notch or two? You don’t have much text so that should be fine. There’s no hover state associated w/ the social media icons – this isn’t good – why not have a nice bold hover effect (like the nav)? Go ahead and set up a webform for visitors to contact Derek, instead of giving his email address. (Wufoo is great for this sort of thing.) The favicon is muted to the point of being nondescript. With all the room, you could stand to use some larger pics (at least give us a larger close up of Derek on his About page). All in all, though, an excellent execution overall. Congrats!

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.