Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS newbie question…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    poisonrain0

Hi,

I’m very new to this world of web design: I was wondering if any one could point me in the right direction here?

My query:
    I have a web page, which has links of course, the header, the logo and the right column are the same across all the links. so i was wondering if it is possible for me to code my webpage(s) some how that only the left column gets updated with the relevant information when a link is clicked.

to clarify: if i am in the main page and click on Contacts, i would like only the left column to refresh and show the contact information.

This would let me code the manu bar, the right column and the footer only once and not replicate code across pages.

UPDATE:

I tried using:

I am not sure what i should use in the target…for this to work accurately.

thank you,
    -U

apostrophe
    Participant

You could do that with javascript but a better option would be to make your menu, right column and footer into php includes http://www.tizag.com/phpT/include.php

poisonrain0

Hi,

Thanks for that PHP tip, is there any other way i could do this with out moving to php? i realize frames is an option but decidedly a very poor one…

thank you,
    -U

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.