Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design New to CSS. Please rate my attempt (Google Homepage)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Disha Sethi
    Participant

I’m new to css. I’ve recently completed html/css course from codeacademy. This is one of my first trials in designing the Google Homepage. Please rate my performance and suggest further improvements.

http://jsbin.com/UPExOmI/2/edit

Also advise me from where can I practise more templates and gradually become a pro. Thanks for reading.

e6z6a6z
    Participant

Hey Disha,
    I just saw your code, as a fresher its good but you need to learn more atleast for now try to write codes in proper arrangement. btw which software are you using as an HTML editor??

Disha Sethi
    Participant

Thankyou for reviewing it.

Presently I’m writing codes in ‘jsbin.com’ but i face problems as the output changes everytime (positioning) when we resize the output window. Kindly suggest me a good editor where I can view changes in the output simultaneously while writing the code (WYSIWYG editor). I am facing lot of problems in positioning

Also advise me from where I can practise more css.

Junni
    Participant

you may use Adobe Dreamviewer

e6z6a6z
    Participant

for editing better use notepad++ and if you wish to see the changes simultaneously try writing in codepen.io

Disha Sethi
    Participant

Okay. Thankyou so much.

James
    Participant

Brackets Editor. It outputs live previews upon editing your documents. Though this requires Google Chrome exclusively, that isn’t such a bad thing as Chrome is by far one of my favourite browsers (and the mostly used worldwide).

You should learn HTML a bit more before moving in to CSS. For example, you’ve recreated the “search” box with a div, instead of simply using an <input> element. Same for the buttons, just simply use the <button> element and style to your needs.

I don’t want to sound like I’m self-promoting or blowing my hat off or anything but I did a similar thing back early this year on CodePen using SCSS, jQuery and CSS3 transforms/transitions. I thought it might give you a bit of inspiration and may help you out :)

http://codepen.io/JMDUK/pen/gwBpm

Disha Sethi
    Participant

This is really good work! Thankyou for the suggestions, i will surely implement them into my learning and especially your coding, I will redesign my page after learning more.

As I am new to coding I need to learn more of it.

Thankyou again for all the help. :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.