Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

new site,feedback

• ags
    # November 26, 2008 at 3:12 am

hi all
    just uploaded my new site, your feedback would be much apreciated.

http://adamgitin.com/

Still not completley done, need to add the rest of my portfolio and small fixes.

# November 26, 2008 at 7:20 am

Mucho bonito qué ese significa es que el reloj tiene un caso de gran tamaño y un bisel de gran tamaño. La pulsera que está en el reloj de best rolex replicas realmente una pulsera de la ostra. Ésta es la misma clase de pulsera (o por lo menos igual mirada) que la reproducción Rolex Milgauss tiene también, de nuevo, haciéndola muy dura decir los relojes de la reproducción del auténtico.

# November 26, 2008 at 10:36 am

It’s not bad, but it’s not great.

I’m not crazy about the font you’ve used for the headlines (logo, about, etc…)

I feel like the guy sitting in the chair feels out of place.

The way you’ve got your portfolio items laid out on the front page makes it hard to read. They either need more spacing between them or something to define their own space or the images should all be aligned to the same side. …Or both.

You should stylize your link colors.

You should make the margin on the footer zero since the vintage paper background just stops flat.

Overall, my main problem is that you stuck to a nice grid for your main three columns but in your main content it just kind of looks like your threw some stuff in there without really trying to keep things looking lined up. You are off to a pretty good start though.

# November 27, 2008 at 3:05 pm

I have to agree with above poster…

I don’t quite understand your logo… It looks kind of like a lazy guy reading a newspaper, which I don’t think screams out "creativity" or "web designer" I see what you’re going for.. the vintage look.

Also, I’m guessing your name is Adam Gitin, because of your URL. You never would of guessed that reading your website because AG Web Development sounds like some sort of company where AG could stand for something random like "Advanced Grid". Then in your ABOUT AG, you just say "I" not even, "My name is Adam Gitin, and I develop on the Web." or something to explain the AG. To further add to the confusion and puzzle, you go on to say "I work for 4Hilton" Well, wait a second, this looks like the AG Web Development website… not 4Hilton… OHH you’re a designer who does freelance work, and also is onboard at 4Hilton.

See where I’m going with that? It should just make more sense I guess. Also, I think if you’re going for the vintage look, you have to style the rest of the site to be more cohesive. I see you’re using a typewriter font, which is great and appropriate, and a little razor ad which looks like it’s featured somehow. But then, you have a sleek looking contact form, and your portfolio thumbnails are all crisp and clean with a border… they don’t quite go.

And lastly, definitely finish out the end… The cut off is quite abrupt and with a look like that, you can do so much to have an attractive footer.

That’s just my opinion. =)

ags
    # November 27, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback, you are absolutely right!
    AG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".