Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Site Launched

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Levi

Hey peeps. Just launched my new website. Let me know what you think. I think I got all the quirks worked out but let me know if you see anything I missed.
    http://www.magnumopuscreative.com

arrgeedesign
    Participant

First I want to say, I like your color scheme. Looks very nice, I like it.
    Also good job on the layout, looks very professional.

The only suggestion I have for you is on the portfolio section. I’m sure you don’t have very many pieces of work to display yet and that’s why it’s a bit limited, but what you might want to do is show different angles of the logos or show how they would look on for example, business cards, letterheads, envelopes etc. As a visitor to your site, I felt I wanted to see more every time I clicked on a thumbnail. Hope this helps!

Now, I would appreciate it if you would return the favor an critique my website http://www.arrgeedesign.com
    I have also posted it on the forum, thanks.

You asked for a critique, and I gave it to you…

kMist

I agree with agree in that it is a professional layout and I like the color scheme. There are a few things that made me scratch my head though..

1.) what is with the pictures of the people partying? Is this a professional site or personal? If you are looking for clients through the site I would worry about putting pictures of your friends at a festival on every page.. Keep it professional I say.. make another site if you want a personal one.

2.)This is a personal thing but I do not like that all of the headers are in all caps, to me it takes away from the design..

3.) keep consistent – the headers again.. some of them have the text at the top.. some at the bottom some left and some right.. and the spacing is not equal on all of them either. The "push it. I Dare Ya" and "See the work" text is different from the rest on the page.

4.) this is truly minuscule but there is an odd off red background dot to the left of the top banner.. I do not know where it comes from but it looks a bit out of place.

These are just small items but.. god is in the details

kMist

Levi

Thanks a lot for the constructive criticisms. I really appreciate it.

-As for the portfolio pages, I actually do have quite a bit of work to post and have discovered that the actual page layout is a bit limiting. So I plan to reorganize the individual portfolio page layout to address that issue.

-As for the Flickr feed. I thought about your comment Kmist and I think I will change the content of the feed. Knoxville Tennessee has a lot of natural beauties, so I think I will change the photo feed content to show off some of our beautiful scenery.

-As far as the headers. Well, I like them, and I am gonna keep them the way they are.

Thanks for the kind words. Look for the changes in the future. They probably won’t happen till the end of the holidays due to time constraints.

Levi

Luminated

Yeah, Knoxville has some fall scenery that would match your color scheme perfectly! :mrgreen:

alpinestaRR
    Participant

Very nice use of colors.

My personal thoughts:

1. I think you lost some of the "layered" affect that you achieved in the header by not accentuating the center content area in your footer. Maybe try using the image from the (header) background in your footer as well to keep that layered affect consistent from top to bottom. OR Maybe I’ve just been looking at too many big footer’d web 2.0 sites lately and my judgement is skewed. ;)

2. I heard Chris say this in a screen cast once, and now every time I see it, it annoys me. :) So this is just MY personal opinion, but I’d like to see the "HOME" tab removed and simply link up the logo to your home page. That real estate in your menu could be useful for other things in the future.

3. Almost all of your links still have the border on "active" state. May want to remove that?

Other than that, I think you did a great job.

Josh

Levi

Thanks for the comments Josh. I’ll definately take your suggestions into consideration when I set down to work on the site again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.