Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS New Site Feedback Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Andy Howells
    Participant

Hi all,

We’re going to be launching our new site in the next couple of weeks, waiting on the copy writer to come back with the copy, so it’s full of lorem at the moment.

Would love to get peeps feedback and see what you all think. Definitely not finished yet so still a few bugs laying around and have done cross browser fixes yet.

I’d like to get your feedback on the look and feel as well as the responsiveness.

Obviously if you spot any glaring problems or glitches please say!

http://v4.unleash-it.co.uk

EDIT (26/12/2012) – New link as it’s live –> http://unleash-it.co.uk

Paulie_D

Checked it out on my phone and I like it.

Will do desktop later.

Watson90

@andy_unleash

Wow, great job, man!

I love the clean layout, the typography, the colours, the paper textured background, everything just works and I’m slightly envious.

Damn, I really need to start getting to grips with responsive web design.

Keep up the good work!

Paulie_D

Just looked at it on desktop and still good.

Based on Twitter Bootstrap?

Oh…it’s stupid but have you considered ‘internationlising’ your phone number for foreign visitors?

+44 (0)2380 xxx xxx

chrisburton
    Participant

The only thing I would suggest is to make the texture a bit more transparent. You also might want to rethink the `` for the ‘News’ page. Everything else is pretty solid.

chrisburton
    Participant

@andy_unleash I just think it’s too much. I would open it in Photoshop and put the fill to 50%. It looks much cleaner. By the way, if you capitalize “Design” you should do the same for “development”.

Here is the edited image: http://f.cl.ly/items/3o0F3335163a2h1H0U2L/bg.png

Result: http://cloud.chrisburton.me/L7fb

ObscureCoder

It’s a really well designed site, I personally really like it.
    I like the layout and the fonts etc.
    Oh yeah in the contact area, you spelt “achieve” incorrectly.
    Other than that it’s really good.
    I checked it on my desktop and my tablet, both look great.

pmac627
    Participant

Looks amazing, @andy_unleash. My screen tends to make colors look a tad lighter and that made the nav in the top right just a tiny bit hard to catch my eye at first. But the colors definitely match and it looks great.

If you don’t mind, what technologies and packages did you use for this site? I’m always curious about that kind of stuff. (I mean, did you use jQuery, HTML5BoilerPlate, cakePHP, etc?). Will you have a humans.txt for the finished product?

rightok32

Really well designed. Fantastic use of screen space with non-arbitrary responsive design (hoorah!).

I’m nitpicking but, the main navigation links _could_ be a bit less transparent, and a tad larger.

Really, really nice, though.

stillb4llin

I like it! I think the texture is the right color also. On one of my monitors the side bar stuff (where the texture is the bkg) the text is kind of light.

I keep one light and one dark that way I can see how it works with both sides of the spectrum… knowing full well that there are many poorly/overly lit monitors out there.

kristinh

Nice site! Love the colors and layout. I think that “inquire” is spelled incorrectly on your button to the right.

David_Leitch
    Participant

Echoing what everyone’s already said: I think it looks great :) I particularly like the colour scheme.

Just one thing, though. It might just be the internet connection I’m on, but the Portfolio page, the images took quite a while to load. Is it necessary to have them 678kb when they’re only 440px square?

@kristinh
    I think ‘enquire’ is used in the UK, while ‘inquire’ is used in the US, so it’s correct for its location :)

Andy Howells
    Participant

Thanks all.

@stillb4llin
    – A few people have noted that the texture does bleed a bid much and dull out the text, will definitely look at fixing that, either darkening the colours of the text (like the nav & sidebar stuff) probably by about 10%.

@kristinh
    – It’s enquire over here in blighty!

@david_leitch
    – Yeah the portfolio stuff is still under development, I want high quality images and am working out a fallback for @2x resolution for retina at the moment, so those images at the moment are non compressed and super chunky – will be switched out for a lightweight alternative soon.

@joshuanhibbert
    – Thanks dude, will look at the shadowing stuff. The main content shadow is mainly to make it appear like paper laid on top of the cardboard style background. Re: the buttons, any ideas on an alternative? I’ve mainly built them out just to be fun tactile nubbins and they’re using the main colours.

@chriscoyier
    – Yes please do fix the code/pre issues! Pretty please with cherries on top!

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

What’s the problem with code/pre now?

testing
    multiline
    code

Andy Howells
    Participant

@chriscoyier – For me (Chrome 23) I have quite a lot of problems getting pre & code to work, half the time it just is invisible, so I’ll type out a bunch inside pre & code tags and then once submitted it just isn’t there. When clicking edit it’s all there, just being stripped out front end. Like below;

This is wrapped in a div

This is wrapped in a span

CSS & JS usually are fine, but HTML is unreliable in its output for me.

It does output okay if you use & gt ; & lt ;

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.