Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

New Look CSS-Tricks

• # September 8, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Chris…

Good new look, Like it, love the buttons

I have noticed it is a bit wider, but that makes it better for me….. hehe

Rob
    # September 8, 2009 at 5:21 pm

yup :) works well :)

# September 8, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Is anyone else noticing some oddities in the layout? I’m getting a couple abnormalities in the button rollovers and positioning.

Normally where it would say FAQ or Explore, it’s bringing the text below where the header seems it should be, and the area where the header is keeps any of the rollover effects from functioning. The links seem to work, just the rollovers appear to be affected.

This was in FF. Seems like that part does work in IE6, but the right-floated nav bar TOTALLY freaks out :) At least IE8 looks ok with everything =D

# September 8, 2009 at 7:33 pm

I really like it. That header is a lot cleaner.

# September 9, 2009 at 9:26 am

some problems here with IE7,
    downloads tile gets cut off,

will keep an eye out for others

will try it in FF

Al

# September 9, 2009 at 11:53 am

Feel free to screenshot any issues for me so I can take a closer look.

I didn’t touch anything in the forums besides reskinning the header and footer, so that’s super weird about the forum icons. I was seeing that problem too, so I just hid them for now, as I’m not sure how useful they were anyway.

I am not seeing the problem with FAQ or Explore though…

# September 9, 2009 at 12:09 pm

check out the screeny – I high lighted "Explore" to make it more visible – Polls follows suit below it.

# September 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm

I’ve had 2-3 people seeing that. I can’t seem to replicate it on my end. Can you let me know your platform/browser. And if you can firebug the issue and find a fix, let me know I’ll give you a cookie =)

# September 9, 2009 at 5:30 pm

@Chris, I tested that in every browser I had: Opera(Windows/Linux/Mac), Internet Explorer 6-8, Firefox(Windows/Linux/Mac), Google Chrome(Windows/Linux) Konqueror/Linux and I couldn’t reproduce it. I even tried it in AirKit and couldn’t get it :S. Haven’t tried Safari (crashes my PowerMac).

But, I did notice this: [img]http://i25.tinypic.com/2w66kqp.png[/img]

In order: Firefox/Windows, Firefox/Linux (Ubuntu), Google Chrome (Chromium)/Linux (Ubuntu), and Google Chrome/Windows.

# September 9, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I think I know what happened. The screenshot is showing the old side bar. When I cleared the cache and did a forced refresh, your new side bar came in and the styles aligned just fine.

# September 9, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I think I figured it out. I was using an em-space ( ) which was causing some wicked weird problems with line-height. I should probably have looked into it deeper, but ultimately, I gave up on that 3D sidebar approach and did something different over there, which actually solved the 1024px problem too, so whatever, we’re all good now =)

# September 10, 2009 at 2:32 pm

This has bugged me for a long time:
    [img]http://img2.pict.com/af/0f/b9/1599548/0/800/awkwardspace.jpg[/img]

whenever the forum gets too short, then it shows it’s white belly off.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".