Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design New logo design (…but it still seems stupid!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

further stylizing it and just putting “STVN” in a block?

I like this idea too. Overall, I’d like to see a bunch of these options in a screenshot/image. Might even look better if you play with some color.

nixnerd
    Participant

Sick. Keep us posted. Just make as many variants as you can!

__
    Participant

I’m not seriously suggesting this, but it came to mind when I saw the box (which I like)

nixnerd
    Participant

or is ST VN actually a thing?

Please tell us it’s a thing.

__
    Participant

Please tell us it’s a thing.

IT IS NOW WOOT

Nah, 30 seconds on google, 30 seconds in Inkscape.

Steven Watson
    Participant

I have been doing some quick work in Photoshop to create these images for speed purposes as I am more accustomed to it than Illustrator, however the logo I decide on isn’t had to re-create in Illustrator.

I have a collection of random logo drafts, using different shapes and as @chrisburton suggested, the use of colour.

Screen grab of various logos
    http://snag.gy/JShgc.jpg

I am really liking how ‘STVN’ looks thanks @NIX, and my personal favourite is the top-left logo with the colour applied, let me know what you guys think, and as always, thank you :)

nixnerd
    Participant

Personally, I like the ones that say “STVN” in the circle or I really like the red rectangle that says “STEVEN”. Super simple and clean on both fronts. You might also try “STVN” inside a square rather than a circle.

chrisburton
    Participant

@watson90 Is that Courier New?

Steven Watson
    Participant

Personally, I like the ones that say “STVN” in the circle or I really like the red rectangle that says “STEVEN”. Super simple and clean on both fronts. You might also try “STVN” inside a square rather than a circle.

I like the STEVEN in red also, the STVN has grown on me quite a bit, it’s unique I feel and easy to recognise. I’m not totally decided so I will definitely be playing around with a few more designs :)

@watson90 Is that Courier New?

It’s a font called Pseudo APL, I found it at DaFont:

http://www.dafont.com/pseudo-apl.font

I suppose courier new would work quite well in this case…

chrisburton
    Participant

Do you have your new site already designed?

envokedesign
    Participant

The STE on one line and the VEN on the other is really disjointed at first glance. What about incorporating your last name into it? Simplifying with just the initials? S.W ?

Steven Watson
    Participant

Do you have your new site already designed?

Not yet Chris, I find I design a website but because my logo or identity is never how I want it, I end up getting too picky and change it every week, so now I want to try and work with a logo I like to see and go from there…

The STE on one line and the VEN on the other is really disjointed at first glance. What about incorporating your last name into it? Simplifying with just the initials? S.W ?

I know it looks like that, that’s the main reason I want to try to come away from stacking the letters but there are ways around that, SW may become an option when I design some more styles.

chrisburton
    Participant

If this were me, I’d use Shift. This could easily be created with CSS and you could incorporate many, many typefaces to compliment it. Not to mention, it’s designed for the web.

Alternates:

Link: http://f.cl.ly/items/450X1z2x1G0D040M0i44/stvn-01.svg (zoom in)

Perhaps your business card could be something like:

Steven Watson
    Participant

If this were me, I’d use Shift. This could easily be created with CSS and you could incorporate many, many typefaces to compliment it. Not to mention, it’s designed for the web.

You know what, I have never even thought of that, all it would take is some font like you suggested, a bit of padding and a thick border.

I like the look of Shift, however the letter T when capitalised is bothering me, the flicks that “hang down” of the top of it…not sure what they’re called in terms of Typography so excuse me…

chrisburton
    Participant

This is STVN set in Shift.

I like the look of Shift, however the letter T when capitalised is bothering me

You’re talking about the serif and you could always use lowercase characters.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.