Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New forum categories…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JoshWhite

I’m just curious, does anyone else feel like the new css-tricks forum categories feel vague? I was waiting to see if I would get more used to them as time went on, but I still feel like the categories from the old forum made alot more sense.

jamygolden

What do you mean?

I remember there was a CMS category, but what else is different?

I’ve stopped using the category filters altogether.

EhhWhat

wasnt there a design category before? i just go to the “Other discussions” categorie now as i assume they come under there?

Would prefer the old categories back though too.

lookslikepat

I’d love to see a pure “WordPress” category (to support DigWP a little bit?), and a support category for all the examples and freebies posted (on CSS-Tricks), cuz I’ve seen many posts asking about the scripts here…
    (Just a thought, bare in mind I rarely post here)

TheDoc

With the new forum, the categories are somewhat meaningless as the home page shows all new posts together. We’ve talked about making a couple changes to the categories, but nothing has really been decided on.

A lot of the WordPress questions end up being about CSS or PHP, but because the person is using WordPress, they put it in the WP category. By removing ‘CMS’ as a category, we’ve removed the need to constantly be moving posts into their proper category.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.