Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Design I’m working on – Feedback please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GavinCZA

Morning everyone (or night / afternoon I suppose)

I am currently working on a site for our church, and even though it is not "really"complete at this stage, I was wondering if you guys / gals can give some feedback regards to layout?

http://www.gavinza.co.za/test/index.html

The main idea is that the current site is in flash, and I am trying to sway them to go over to wordpress (for quicker updating and keeping people informed).

Even though this is just a intial test the site, over the weekend, be moved over to wordpress. Still awaiting images and all the content. I also have a funny feeling that it is falling apart in IE6 (Can’t really check cause I have IE8 installed and looks fine on the pc)

But what do you guys think?

cpj238

Hey Gavin

The best thing you did by far was to convince them that a whole flash site is bad, bravo! Updating those can be a nightmare…

Word Press FTW! haha Anywho, I would suggest getting all your boxes neatly compacted, something like this:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2858/picture1mie.jpg

Probably want a lighter gray as well ( #F5F5F5 ) also I noticed some of your boxes have darker gray borders and some do not, either have them all with this same border, or none at all, its usually a good rule of design to remain consistent ;)

Maybe a little line-height? p { line-height:22px; } would be good for ease of reading paragraph text. Though the first one at the top looks nice with 35px line-height and padding:35px; ( instead of 50px )

I don’t want to totally redesign your site, but at least improve upon a good idea ;)

Hope this helps,

~ Chris

GavinCZA

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the input.

Yeah I had a look at the image you sent and I have to agree with you that it does look better with everything inline.

I will take all your points and work on it today.
    Will get back on Monday and submit the new one.

Thanks

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yea just echoing Chris, if you are going down a box route, make sure you have strong space control. For example the space between your boxes I would force to keep at a specific size set it at say 10px, and then keep it that distance for everything.

Also you might want to think about working to a grid layout, not ness the CSS templates, I cant work with anyone else’s CSS myself, but they have some great PS Templates for say a 960 site which would suite you down the the ground!

http://www.960.gs

The one problem with websites like that is if you don’t get them right, they look "odd" – but when they are done right, they are awesome :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.