Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other New Broker Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have a real estate / broker that I’m designing for this site for as they start a new business. Right now the site is not in WP, so what I’ve done is we’ve created "phases" that we’ll progress through as the business grows. So we’re doing the creative part now with the static site, then move it into WP and probably use the Great Real Estate plugin when we do.

I just got it online, so there are a few bugs to work out, compatibility issues, validation stuff, etc, so what I’ve got right now is the general layout.

http://www.delsolrealtytucson.com

TheDoc

A few things to ponder:

I think the body text has a couple issues. One, I think it needs a bit more padding on the left and right, give it some room to breathe. Two more things can help with the readability of the body text: a) instead of giving the line-height a static number like 18px, give it a nice "1.5", I never go smaller than that, and b) sans-serif please! The majority of users find reading sans-serif fonts (Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma) much easier than serifs (Georgia, Times, etc).

I’ve said it before, but I love repeating it: web design is all about the subtleties. I think having a gradient background is fine, but I’d love to see it be much more subtle. Along with the subtlety, I don’t think the sun rays are necessary at the top of the page, they almost take away from the logo.

I like your h1’s and h3’s, but the h2 is a little weird for me. Breaks up the content in a non-flowing type of way. Could just be my preference there.

Other than me nitpicking, there’s not too much to complain about, well done!

TheDoc

It most likely defaults to being "em", but I actually don’t clarify an exact size. I simply put:

line-height: 1.5;

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.