Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

New Blog Template

• # November 13, 2008 at 3:07 pm

http://charles-harvey.co.uk/blogtemplate/

Im making a new design for a WordPress template. Its unfinished at the moment, needs a lot of work, obviously, but was hoping for some feedback, because you guys are just awesome!

# November 13, 2008 at 3:43 pm

I like it, but I would make the right hand text just slightly off the edge of the background image, maybe, right:15px???

I don’t like how the blogroll is black when the other titles are white, other than that it is very cool

# November 13, 2008 at 7:01 pm

thanks for the reply ikthius. It is a bit bare boned at the moment, i didnt even try and style the sidebar at the moment. if theres anything anyone would want as a blog user that you would think is cool or useful, let me know, i want to make this design as good as possible.

# November 13, 2008 at 7:32 pm

looks really good so far can’t wait to see it when it’s done

# November 13, 2008 at 7:59 pm

Very nice design. In Firefox, when hovering over the RSS button, it shifts slightly to the right throwing the background image off a bit. Other than that and what ikthius said regarding the Blogroll color, I think it looks really good.

# November 13, 2008 at 8:00 pm

looking good so far, not sure if you’ve noticed but when you hover over the RSS feed icon/area it moves about 1px out of position, not really sure what’s going on there, you might want to look into it.

# November 14, 2008 at 8:06 pm

hey guys, thanks for the comments. ive made a few improvements. Hopefully fixed the 1px bug, and did some work on the sidebar. also added a login section at the top which i think is quite cool. thanks again

# November 15, 2008 at 12:35 am

Hey Chaz, nice look, I like the background.

Just one thing I noticed right away… The, roughly 15px, gap between the top post and the container with the other 3 doesn’t make much sense to me. Maybe a nice dividing image of sorts? Just my opinion. =) Nice look though!

# November 16, 2008 at 6:21 am

between cheesy and Lorum Ipsum you might need to give that a bigger space, on my 1024×768 monitor it looks far to close together.

it is looking better, I like the navigation part where it scrolls through e.g. tag cloud etc.
    Although I would make them the same font as your other headings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".