Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Netbeans is the nuts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidlab.be
    Participant

Just thought I would ask who and how many of you are using Netbeans? I have been using it for more then 6 months now and for those that are not using it….you are truly missing out! I have tried every editor on the market and I have found nothing like Netbeans. At first it rubbed me the wrong way, but then the more I used it all these hidden gems appeared. If you use PHP (wordpress) and jquery alot not to mention html/css….it almost reads your mind with code completion.
    So how many are using it? and if not….why?

davidlab.be
    Participant

You can do what E does and so so so much more with Netbeans. Working with files is awesome with Netbeans as well…just set up a project and you are all set.

seb_z_lite

Netbeans rocks! I was using Notepad++ before and for PHP,it s not ideal. but Netbeans,that’s something else.I tried switching to Aptana a month ago because of Jaxer but after 10 minutes, I already missed NB. At first I didn’t like to have to start Apache just to practice Jquery stuff but you get used to open everything under a PHP project. Its also nice when it tells you about missing closing tags. For a newbie like myself, It’s a good tool.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I agree Netbeans is very good – I have not had chance to set it up properly though yet. I just need to get into it properly. I found Aptana a little too heavy.

davidlab.be
    Participant

Aptana can’t do half of what Netbeans can.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.