Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Needing ideas

• # April 5, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I am needing some ideas for my next software project, I am wanting to spend a couple of months developing something and then try and sell it on a monthly subscription.

What software system do you think I should build?

# April 6, 2011 at 9:04 am

what percentage does the forum get?

# April 8, 2011 at 5:22 pm

25% on every useraccount it can help me sell.

# April 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I think what Springlab is getting at is that this sounds oddly like the beginning of a pyramid elevator pitch.

The chances of just walking into a room and going “Hey guys, gimme some ideas on how to program something that’ll let us all live off the fat of the land” and actually succeeding is pretty low.

Companies that are out there and putting together cloud software, such as Freshbooks or Basecamp, built their products mostly out of a perceived need they found in real world situations. Which is why so many copy-cat products get made that mostly suck really, really bad.

I’m not saying it isn’t possible, and I’m not saying you don’t have the drive or the chops to do it. But this definitely isn’t the way to go about doing it. Right now you sound like someone on the hunt for a way to get rich.

# April 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Yes, I could really do with some real life business experience so I can build something that I will use and other people will use as well. But I just cannot think of any software system I would use, even though I have some hobbies I could potentially build software for etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".