Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS needing help with my banner not staying in front of my main content?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cousasin

i cant for the life of me figure out how to make my banner stay in front of my body info….any help or direction would be greatly appreciated….

im recently new to this….

heres my page if someone could look at the code and point me the right way

thecousasin.tumblr.com

chrisburton
    Participant

@cousasin What do you mean in front of your body info?

chrisburton
    Participant

After taking a quick glance at your code, you have divs in your head section which is invalid. You need to place that in the body.

cousasin

when my i scroll down i want my header to be fixed and stay at the top of the page….plus i want it to be slighty opaque so you can barely see the posts passing behind it….as of now it seems to go behind the content as i go down… any suggestions? and thanks for responding so fast bro

cousasin

ok you win im doin that now

cousasin

still disappears…but at least i know where it goes now lol

cousasin

is there a div property i can envoke to make it fixed and adjust the opacity?

cousasin

im pretty sure its workin but the z index maybe? is higher for the content of the blog….somethin about the way its layered…at least thats what im thinkin…but im not so great at this…

chrisburton
    Participant

The banner should have a smaller z-index than anything else on the page if you want to be behind your content.

position: fixed;
    opacity: .5; /* .5 = 50%, .51 = 51%, .75 = 75%, etc. */
    z-index: -1;

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.