Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need to know if this design is feasible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Meyer
    Participant

Thanks for reading. I’m actually finding this issue a bit difficult to articulate so please bear with me!

I’m not sure one part of this design is feasible. The main content sits atop a kind of gradient trapezoid. Which all sits on top of a background image.

I’m not sure how to go about getting the design to scale appropriately – vertically with the trapezoid shape. In the image I’ve included – I’ve got 2 columns, approximately 4 paragraphs in size. A footer also sits below that. However, what happens when I have a page that is 3 times as long? I’m not sure how I could set-up the css to redraw the trapezoid accordingly/show the appropriate amount when needed, etc..

Here are some additional images of the elements

Brian Meyer
    Participant

thanks Steven. Auto-resizing was on earlier, but seems to not be on now.

Brian Meyer
    Participant

Wolf, I would like the trapezoid to scale vertically as needed – as a background to the main content.

Brian Meyer
    Participant

@cnwtx, I don’t think CSS 3 is the way to go here, as I need site support amongst IE 7 & 8. Though I’m reading there is limited support for gradient transitions in some versions of I.E. – a bit more research to do then!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.