Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript need help making one div fade out and another fade in in its place

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rgalysh

Hello everyone. I am new to anything beyond HTML5 and CSS3. I am in school for IST and am the interim webmaster for our campus until they hire a replacement.

I am trying to get the area below the menu bar to fade away when a tab is clicked and have the selected tab appear in its place. I have gotten the whole page to do it from searching the web, but when I try to apply it to just the divs it doesn’t work.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/miura/restituo.html

This page is where I try all my tricks before implementing them on live pages. If I can get help doing it here I can figure how to transfer it to others. Since I don’t know JS or jquery yet please try to explain it too me like I was a 5 year old trying to defuse a bomb. Thanks.

Paulie_D

>Since I don’t know JS or jquery yet please try to explain it too me like I was a 5 year old trying to defuse a bomb.

Cut the **blue* wire. :)

darrylm

I imagine without AJAX it’ll be impossible

Whether its faded out or the usual transition, the browser will need to make a request for the whole page, as each page is different according to the browser.

To fade out only the content, AJAX will have to be used to send a request to a script without changing the page, but this will all be done under 1 URL rather than different URLs for each page.

pixelgrid
    Participant

it can be done in a single page too where only one part is displayed and the others are hidden with position absolute.
    Jquery could handle the fading or even checkboxes and css transitions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.