Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Need help choosing a hosting company.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Watson90

Just had a quick go with it. Changed its syntax to HTML and I like it! The one thing I LOVE about the web software on Macs is the font they use for programming it’s so much nicer than the serif font on Dreamweaver. I know you can change the fonts on DW but you can’t get it like the font in Sublime and Coda, thanks for the recommendation!

chrisburton
    Participant

@Watson90 Forever, I think but you get popups notifying you when your trial is up and that you should purchase a license. When you can afford the license I would certainly pay for it. It’s really worth it.

Watson90

Yeah it’s always good to give the developers something in return especially when it’s deserved. I’ll have a better play with it on my next project and see how it turns out :)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Watson90 Yeah man, that post made me laugh. It is for windows as well. You can change the font as well. The fonts wont be as bada$$ as in a MAC but im sure you can find some online for free ( inconsolata, monaco, consolas[built into windows]) to name a couple.

To change the font goto: Preferences / Settings – User. The code below is mine, you can certainly just add the font and font size.

{
    "color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Pastels on Dark.tmTheme",
    "font_face": "Inconsolata",
    "font_size": 12
    }

You can get some tasty fonts from Google Web Fonts and millions of other font websites too.

@ChristopherBurton, yeah man, paying for a license for ST2 was well worth it.

Watson90

Thanks for that @JohnMotylJr, I was looking up some videos early hours this morning, and the shorthand tricks look immense. Such as typing HTML:5 I think and it lays out all the mark up ready for you to get started.

Also that bar at the bottom where you can start nesting tags within each other such as a div with a class of header and a ul with 6 list items etc etc. That’s some fancy sh*t!!!

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Watson90, So we totally arent using this thread for web hosting anymore, however, Sublime Text 2 is just that good we can get away with it.

A few things i wanted to touch on, @joshuanhibbert made a pretty bad ass collection of snippets in which you can view them on his website or you could read an older post.

Last thing, since you use Windows 7 i would suggest going into your:
    Preferences / Settings - Default and find this code:

"font_options": [],

replace with:

"font_options": ["directwrite"],

Thanks for sharing that @JohnMotylJr! I’ve also just started working on a set of HTML snippets: https://github.com/joshnh/HTML-Snippets

Also, I’ve decided to share my Sublime Text preferences file on GitHub: https://github.com/joshnh/Sublime-Text-Preferences/blob/master/Preferences.sublime-settings

Watson90

What does that code achieve @JohnMotylJr?

I’ll have chance to have a better look at Sublime tomorrow, I’m working on a basketball website for my brother in law, so I’ll give it a try :)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@joshuanhibbert, of course man, just trying to spread the word. Thanks for sharing those preferences, checking em out right now.

@Watson90
    , DirectWrite (Windows). It basically makes it render and look better (your font in ST2).

Watson90

Ahh right thanks man :D

Watson90

@JohnMotylJr & @joshuanhibbert – Just playing around with Sublime Text 2 and I’m already loving it, I have already made my first snippet which when I type html5 and press TAB, it brings up all of the relevant markup to get me going, it’s truly a pleasure to use and I haven’t even scratched the surface!

@Watson90 The more you dive into it, the more you will appreciate it :)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

^ Couldn’t be anymore right! So does this mean goodbye to DreamWeaver ?????

Watson90

I believe it does from what I experieced last night. It does a better job keeping my code clean to with the indentation etc.

One thing though. I dragged in some project folders to get started, is there a refresh button to update the folders structure? Or is it just good old F5?

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Watson90 – The folders should be updating automatically. Anything you do whether modify a file within your hierarchy or add/remove folders, in my experience, updates automatically.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.