Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need extra eyes (and brains) input field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mevaser
    Participant

Hello, I am working on this website. I have tried hard to keep the website Valid. So far so good. Although I found it interesting that some times to validate I would have to insert this "&nbsp;" to this <div style="padding:50px;">&nbsp;</div> to make it valid. Weird, if there is an explanation, please let me know.

But my problem is that in the contact us form, the input field does not want to listen to my CSS, so the input is larger than what I say. I am using Contact 7 form builder in WordPress. But I can not find the CSS to change or how to over write it. I am usually pretty good to find it, but I had not success. :-(

Please let me use your eyes!

http://decorpillars.com/about/contact-us/

See here where I beat it, but I I can beat the first one:

http://decorpillars.com/request-info/ne … on/canada/

Please, and thank you

Startupt

Hi
    In WP-admin,/plugins/ editor/ contact form 7/ stylesheet.css, although it will be overwritten at every update. Better include it in your main css using the divs you already have.
    hope is useful

Capt Otis

To answer your other question, ‘&nbsp;’ is a non-breaking space character. Browsers read it as a normal space, except they never send the text to the next line when they read it.

A div is not valid unless there is content in it. In your case, I assume that div you provided for example helped align something else on the page. But why insert a div to align something else when you can just specifically align the exact div (or whatever it is) that you want to be moved? In other words, why give padding to object 1 in order to move object 2, when you can just move object 2?

-T

mevaser
    Participant

you got a point guys.

Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.