Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need Advice. IE Horizontal List Staggering/Stepping Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    imwy2cool

The site I’m having issues with is at http://www.bunkerguitar.com. I am having an issue with IE 8 (I hate IE SO BAD, I wish it would get deprecated)staggering, or stepping the horizontal footer list. I have explored this and many other forums for hours on end without any luck. I have looked at my code so much I am getting headaches over this issue. It displays perfect in Firefox, but as you can see it is not displaying correctly in IE. If there are any ideas I would appreciate it SO very much.

imwy2cool

Thank you! Your ideas led me to be able to fix it. I was able to fix the problem within the rightcolum div which contained the other divs giving me the problems.

Yes I know there are a lot of style sheets. The main site is a wordpress install using a child theme with a default.css that controls 95 percent of the styles, and several others that control the menu, and the layout. Then the shopping cart utilizes a matching magento theme. It’s been a bear making them play nice, but so far so good. While the many style sheets can seem overwhelming they are that way so that when there are wordpress or magento upgrades the style sheets don’t get overwritten. Here is the finished code that fixed the errors. Hopefully it will help anyone else who has encountered this issue. I saw it on several other forums but no one seemed to be able to get it fixed. For the record I’ll also post it there.

#rightcolumn
    {
    width:420px;
    float: right;
    position: relative;
    padding:0 15px;
    }
    #rightcolumn li

{
    display:inline;
    float: right;

Thank you for your ideas and tips. Also, thanks for the error tips. That last css problem was the last thing on my list before I debug my errors etc. Thank you again.

al_m473
    Participant

do a search on this site for "menu stepdown", I think Chris had something about it earlier,

Al

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.