Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End navigation menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pope

Hello everyone. This is my first post. but before I get into it, I want to say thank you to everyone that contributes on this board and to Chris for creating this solace. It has been one of my greatest resources, and has helped get my family through the recession. I now own my own business doing something that I love. So thank you for all the help.

I have a new site http://www.manayunkdrinkspecials.com that is a nightlife resource for Philadelphia.

It is based in wordpress.

Originally, I made the navigation menu plain text that was hyperlinked (because I wanted to have the menu items integrate with the graphics) but I didn’t like the font so I changed it to images (and hoping to eventually use sprites). It still works fine on all computers as far as I know but it doesn’t work properly on the iphone (super important to the project).

here are some screen shots on the iphone http://manayunkdrinkspecials.com/help/

I created divs with background images then made the hyperlinks around (nbsp;)’s
    Here is some of the code:

and here is some of the css:

Code:
    #header{
    background:transparent url(images/homebutton.png) no-repeat;
    Font-family: Helvetica Neue, veranda;
    color:white;
    margin-top:218px;
    margin-left:145px;
    height:30px;

}
    #cal{
    background:transparent url(images/calendarbutton.png) no-repeat;
    margin-top:15px;
    margin-left:60px;
    height:80px;
    width:140px;
    }

Did I go in the wrong direction somewhere, or should I do it differently. I know that there are other ways to do this but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Pope

After messing around with it for a few days I have decided to go a different direction… So thank you everyone that looked at the page. If I figure out the hack to make the page all one I will post it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.