Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Navigation issue on iPad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    heybill

Could anyone tell me why the main navigation/menu appears with a transparent background only on the iPad when it is oriented in landscape mode on this site:
    http://camp-aviation.com/wordpress

Mag
    Participant

There is min-height set on #top-header..

#top-header{
    min-height:78px;
    }

I would increase that to at least 148px :)

heybill

That is going to be too large. It throws off the design on all other platforms.

Paulie_D

You are going to have to give the menu a background style of some kind when it hits that media query.

Paulie_D

Actually, if you move the div with the class of logo **into** the #topheader you can leave the min-height at 78px. Just add overflow:hidden to #topheader

heybill

Thanks – Are these edits that you are suggesting to be made to the header.php file only?

heybill

While this fix appears to have resolved the navigation transparency issue, it has removed the background from behind the logo and causes an odd stacking of the nav in portrait mode on the iPad: http://camp-aviation.com/wordpress/

Senff
    Participant

I think there’s just not enough room for the logo and 5 menu items when your iPad is in portrait mode, which causes the menu items to wrap. I’d suggest to use a media query there to make the text in the menu items some 12 pixels.

heybill

Right – I thought that might be the issue. Just not sure how to go about implementing a media query there. Is it basically picking up the same code that renders the menu in dropdown form on a smartphone?

heybill

Thank you for this hint, but I am unsure as to where to insert it in my css to get it to work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.