Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Nav bar guidance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mdrd
    Participant

Hello, everyone! I am currently working on a theme to sell on themeforest, and I am debating on what I should do with the nav bar. Here is a static image http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/ … 281005.jpg it will be a lava lamp style nav bar

I don’t know whether I should just try some css fonts, or make the text in photoshop (because it looks a lot better with images). And if I do use images, are CSS sprites a must have? So my question is, what would you guys do?

One more thing, if you look at my image you can see that the page doesn’t stick to the very top, how can I get it to do that with auto margin?

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Andy Staple
    Participant

I don’t want to sound mean, and it truly isn’t meant to be, but…

That will not get accepted on ThemeForest. Not even close. Your color palette is all over within the blues, the logos blur is way too intense.

As far as the navbar question; If you can use actual text I’d go that route. You can use a simple sliding doors technique with real font. Also, the design of the navbar doesn’t seem to make sense to me. There is no margin/padding between the blue line at the top of the header, and the top of each navbar list items background. it makes it look almost like you want them connected, but the colors are no where near one another.

I don’t want to sound harsh, but it will take a lot of work on something like that for the guys at ThemeForest to approve it.

mdrd
    Participant

Oh yeah, I just changed the colors on the nav bar so they all match. So you would have some padding on the top? If you were me what would you do with the nav bar?

Also, it’s a work in progress, I’m really going to take my time on this theme until it’s perfect ;) .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.