Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My very first site!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    er!n

http://www.beckenhauerconstruction.com/

This is my very first site, check it out and let me know what I can do to improve!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Hey Well done :) First steps are always the hardest!

A few things with your code, but not many!

your body tag has bgcolor in it – take that out and add

body {background:#000000;}

to your CSS (at the top is good, just so you can see it :))

Also your UL dosnt need its own DIV, you could give the UL the attributes that you gave the DIV and delete it :)

Wow – for a first attempt it’s very good – well done! After you get more used to the world of web design I would recommend maybe looking at some of the screencasts here on CSS-Tricks to boost your design and general work flow.

But once again – well done!

jimzaptech

Nice website design at first attempt it is quite good.

bere03
    Participant

Hi there, this very good for being your first site! its very well organized, kudos!

dcp3450
    Participant

read up on active menu states and how to do them. learning and research is the key for improvement. The menu should note what page your on. Also, make sure each page has a Title at the top.

friendofpugs

Good job! Now I’m sure you appreciate how much time and effort goes into creating a website. My only big beef with the site is the main Nav states – it looks SO old school/1996. I’d also like to have the Nav indicate which section of the website you’re on, maybe a different color or something special. Nonetheless, good job! Keep reading and growing! It’s a fun field to work in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.