Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My Portfolio Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Coop920

How you guys doing…new member here, so i thought the best thing to do would be to get critiques/praise (hopefully) on my new portfolio site.

http://www.yakamora.com/test/

I haven’t finished, hence the contact page…but i should be done tomorrow. Anyways, looking forward to see what you guys have to say.

-Coop

ScottMacD

Great site, simple and elegant.

Personally i would drop the opacity a bit on the refections of each tab as they are a bit strong, maybe that was you plan, just a thought.
    :D

Coop920

Thanks a lot guys, i appreciate the comments. Glad you like it.

"ScottMacD" wrote:
    Great site, simple and elegant.

Personally i would drop the opacity a bit on the refections of each tab as they are a bit strong, maybe that was you plan, just a thought.
    :D

Funny you say that, i actually dropped the opacity from 80% to 40% (currently), but i’ll look into dropping it more, see how that looks.

-Coop

petala

I like it!

chazzwick

the site is great, especially the portfolio section, but i think the contact form lets it down a bit, it doesnt seem to be styled at all.

Infernal

Not sure if it’s just IE6 causing me issues but that 1st page confused me a bit. Maybe some arrows or words on the stripes to make them look a bit more clickable. When I 1st got to the site I thought it was broken and it took me a while to realise that the stripes move about.

Aside from this, once i’d figured out how to use it, I really liked it. The visuals look really nice, especially the reflections on the portfolio page. I agree the reflections on the tabs could do with a little less opacity, but all in all, a really nice looking site.

tcindie

I agree with chazzwick, the design kind of falls apart on the contact page. It would be nice to see those fields with a bit of styling, rather than just being default form elements.

Also, I can see how it may be a bit confusing to have the initial page just be blank with the navigation tabs on the left. I would suggest maybe having it default to one of them being active. Also I think a header and footer would round things out nicely, it feels a little unfinished to me without them.

synic

Have you thought about what it would look like if you rotated everything 90 degrees.

Coop920

hey guys,

Thank you all for the comments. I’ve been really busy these last couple of weeks, so i haven’t had time to really work on the site at all. I definitely agree with you guys about the styling of the contact page, there’s not much there compared to the rest. I’ve also considered a header and a footer, maybe with a logo that i will create. That will be something i’ll have to whip up when i have free time. My girlfriend gives me flack about no header or footer, saying that it doesn’t look complete, so it’s definitely on my list of things to do. As per rotating everything by 90 degrees…well that would basically be a vertical accordion, which has been over used in my opinion, so i’ll stick it out with the horizontal. Again, thanks for all of the comments, i’ll definitely keep you guys updated.

-Coop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.