Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My first website using CSS.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    butch
    Participant

Hello, here is my first site using CSS. I recently learned CSS, and with the articles and video’s Chris makes, I have learned a lot. The site is not very pretty (I’m still working on my Photoshop skills), but defiantly a step up from the last site using the "Design View" in Dreamweaver. I’m looking for some feed back and suggestions on becoming a better web designer. So please rip the site apart and let me know what I did wrong, what I should change, or how I can improve my code.

Here is the website: http://www.alberoni.com

I did have one problem using the image slider jQuery plug in on the index page, and the Google maps on the contact page. It seems that which ever page I was not on, the scripts would throw a error. I kinda solved it temporarily using a PHP if statment loading one set of scripts on the index page and one for the map page. Is there a simpler way to run all my scripts from one file? I am also trying to figure out why I have a lot of space between my navigation and branding h1 tag and the body, and why my footer information does not stay on the bottom on some pages using IE.

Thanks in advance.

ikthius

very first impressions….

you need a clear header.

break it away from your text, it looks like a print out.

put a background to your main area, (this is just my point of view) but I like to know areas

your main links at the top, could come over to the left a bit more, your screen size is a bit wide…. I hate scrolling sideways. If you must scroll sideways, don’t scroll down.

your footer needs to be clearer, I can’t read the text in the footer, maybe even change the colour fo the background for that

butch
    Participant

Hey ikthius, thanks for checking out my work. I changed the width, and footer font color. I am working on the body styling to separate the content a bit better.

Just one question, what would you suggest on separating my header and nav from my body?

ikthius
    "butch" wrote:
    Hey ikthius, thanks for checking out my work. I changed the width, and footer font color. I am working on the body styling to separate the content a bit better.

Just one question, what would you suggest on separating my header and nav from my body?

I would suggest changing the title colour, maybe even its font face, and I would give it a bit of space between the title of either side and the content.

but well done realy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.