Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS My First Dynamic Width Site – Thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys!

I just recently had the pleasure of developing a dynamic width site for a client of ours. The end goal for this site is a WordPress theme. I have the theme written out, but I cannot continue until our client provides a server for us (they insisted on hosting it themselves). So in the meantime I figured I would try to get the base HTML as polished as possible by having more than one pair of web development eyes comb the page.

This is my first venture into dynamic width development using media queries, so feedback (both good and bad) are very welcome. At the time of writing this post, the page should look nice and fit well on smartphones, tablets, and large screens. Is was a bit of a challenge seeing at the site wasn’t designed with dynamic width in mind, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

http://fatatominternetmarketing.com/preview/messagenet/

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the kind words guys, means a lot. I don’t often get to share my work with people who understand it. :)

MulletBoy

very nice, really good job. only thing i noticed with your media queries is when the page gets very wide (like spread accross 2 screens, it snaps back to smaller version rather than staying at the biggest width you have styled for (max-width : 2680px) any reason for the max width? shouldnt it just stay in that media query no matter how big it gets?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@MulletBoy Good catch, thank you! Fixed now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Adman I didn’t focus on getting every width to be perfect, just the most important, like iPhones, iPads, and large screens. That area may look bad on a 7in tablet like a Kindle Fire though. Can anyone check that for me?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.